Co-founder and CEO India Development Review
The social sector is perceived to have large numbers of women; however, there are too few in leadership roles. There is also data that shows as nonprofits grow bigger, they tend to be led by men. For a sector that focuses on equality, inclusion and diversity, it is important that we practice what we preach. A starting point is to understand the structural barriers that women encounter, and to identify ways to overcome them in order to become successful leaders.
In this session the speakers will discuss the challenges faced by women leaders, and how they have worked around them to make a difference to their communities, organisations, and society at large.
- What do women do differently? And why does it matter.
- Understanding the hurdles women face and ways to overcome them.
- How to navigate existing structures and systems and make it work for women
- What organisations can do differently to have more women in leadership positions
- Panellists’ message for the women who aspire to become leaders in the social sector.